Saturday, February 21, 2015

Kind Moments

"Kind moments are the moments that get us through life. They are the laughs, the hugs from friends, the kiss on your lovers cheek, bonding moments, people coming together... without these moments we would not have life and we must learn to cherish every one" - our new Greek friend

I've been a bit behind with my blog posts so I will try to catch up. This past week a group of us ended up sitting next to a Greek couple and their Chinese friend. Turns out that we were sitting next to two very successful restaurant owners. The Greek couple, the Tsikis, are the owners of Nireas Restaurant, acclaimed as a top 50 restaurant in Greece on the island Rhodes. Our other new friend of the night, Master Jisou is the owner of one of the top Chinese restaurants in Prague. We ended up staying and talking to them the whole night and had a great time with them. Our new friends gave us a lot of advice and wisdom and I loved what he said about kind moments. He said our night and meeting each other and laughing was a wonderful kind moment. I've had many of these moments since I've been here.

One particular kind moment that I will always remember is Valentines Day last week. The Czechs are well known for Valentines Day, its one of the top cities in Europe to spend the big day. So naturally Cody and I wanted to do something special. In the morning we flocked to the Love Lock Bridge and Charles Bridge like hundreds of other couples that day. We locked away our love and threw the key into the river. The only way to unlock the love is to jump in the river and find it (pretty difficult if you ask me!). In the evening we went on a romantic jazz boat cruise <3 altogether a great day and one big kind moment!











On Sunday we got to go see the Sleeping Beauty ballet in the national theater. The national theater is absolutely stunning and probably one of the most detailed and ornate buildings I've seen in my life thus far.





This week I also got to see the Czech hockey game which was a blast and go to a karaoke night with some friends. I sang "Hips don't lie" on stage but I think I did more dancing than singing. Unbelievably I saw some girls from Clemson at the karaoke place and we are all living in the same apartment complex next year!! What a small world. It's been a great week with many kind moments. I will write about my weekend trips in the next post!







No comments:

Post a Comment