Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Back To My Roots

This weekend I went with Panrimo to Moravia! Moravia is the eastern region of the Czech Republic. That's right I'm part Czech believe it or not! My professor told me I looked Czech one day so I thought that was pretty funny. Also... my grandmother who is Moravian just turned 85 the day before my trip so it was perfect timing. Happy Birthday Grandmommy!


We left on Saturday morning for a 3 hour train ride to the eastern side of the country to a small town called Lednice. When we got there we ate lunch and then headed to the castle. It was such a nice day that we ended up walking around the gardens instead. Perfect for the first day of spring! We walked around for awhile then headed to a winery. We first got a tour of the winery with unlimited wine and some of my group took fulllll advantage of that. After the tour we filled up on cheese and bread and then had a wine tasting. Our wine expert/tour guide told us all about the different wines, how wine is made, what makes wine dry vs. sweet and so on. We ended up trying 6 white wines, which is most commonly made in the Czech Republic due to the little sunlight, 1 rose wine, and 1 red wine. It was all very informative and glad we got to go!








The next day we did the tour of the inside of the castle which was very ornate and detailed. We weren't allowed to take pictures unfortunately, but the outside was still beautiful as well. After the castle we headed back to the train and made our way home. Short and sweet, but it was a nice trip.  


No comments:

Post a Comment